E177 – Three Big Mistakes Small Business’s Make When Trying to Grow
Donald Kelly is the host of the popular sales podcast,”The Sales Evangelist”. He is also the founder of The Sales Evangelist Consulting Firm where he helps small companies develop killer sales process to scale their business and increase growth.Donald is an award-winning speaker, sales trainer, and coach. He’s a big fan of traveling, South Florida staycations and high-quality family time. Donald has a belief that “anyone” can sell if they have the desire and receives the proper training.
During our interview we discuss:
– How Donald got started in sales and why he decided to venture of into his own business.
– Why he started The Sales Evangelist podcast back in 2013.
– Donald shares the 3 big mistakes that small businesses make when trying to grow.
– We talk about how hiring can impact your business both positively OR negatively.
– Donald shares the #1 trait to look for when hiring sales people.
– The reason why straight commission sales people typically will not work out long term.
– He shares the importance of having system for onboarding / training process new hires.
– The importance of helping your team sharpening their saw through ongoing training and coaching.
– We discuss the power of recognition to improve sales results and increase retention.
– Donald shares his favorite growth tool/software.
– He shares one of his favorite books designed to help you grow.
If you enjoyed this episode, please RATE / REVIEW and SUBSCRIBE to ensure you never miss an episode.
Connect with Dennis Brown