E63 – How Being a Guest on the Right Podcasts Can Help Get More Clients w/ Jessica Rhodes
Jessica Rhodes is the founder of Interview Connections, the leading guest booking agency for podcasters and guest experts. She has scaled the business quickly to high multiple six ﬁgures, with nearly no direct marketing or ads, and will break through the 7-ﬁgure mark in 2018. Jessica and her in-house team of Booking Agents are the podcast powerhouses behind many of the record-breaking book launches you’ve seen today, with clients such as JJ Virgin, Perry Marshall, other authors you may know, and numerous PR agencies who hire them for their podcasting savvy and cooking skills.
During our interview we discuss:
– Jessica talks about how her business and hiring model has shifted since her early days and how that impacted growth.
– She shared how important it is and the impact of setting monthly goals for your business.
– We talk about the difference and pros and cons of the outsource VA model vs the inside w-2 model of hiring.
– Jessica talks about the biggest lesson/mistake she made since starting her business.
– Then we talk about the #1 strategy that Jessica and her team uses to get new clients.
– Jessica shares how and why coaches, consultants, and authors can get featured on podcasts to grow their business.
– She shares a major lesson about why being patient is so important when it comes to getting new clients.
– Then we talk about the #1 thing Jessica would do differently is she could start her business over.
– She shares her favorite growth tool/software.
– She also recommends one of her favorite books.