E103 – How a Simple Browser Extension Generates Over $12 Million/Yr with Brandon Bruce
Brandon Bruce grew up in a tiny California town of 800 people where he only had one classmate at a school with no running water. He went from these humble beginnings to now cofounding and growing Cirrus Insight to $12 million in annual revenue, 65 employees, and #41 on the Inc. 500 list.
Cirrus Insight is the highest rated platform of all-time for perfectly connecting Gmail and Outlook with Salesforce. Since launching in 2011, it’s been a roller coaster of success and setbacks, and Brandon’s philosophy for operating Cirrus is similar to his love of competing in 500+ mile ultra-endurance races – you aren’t going to win at the start or in a sprint at the end. Success is a war of consistency and persistence, and he has always enjoyed that.
During our interview we discuss:
– We discuss how they funded the company
– Brandon drops a tip on how to get ranked on Inc. 5000 fastest growing company list that most people don’t know.
– He shares how they got their early startup customers.
– Then Brandon shares what customer acquisition strategies that are working for them today.
– We talk about one of the best ways Brandon and his team have been able to differentiate themselves from the competition.
– Brandon shares how they combat a Saas companies biggest enemy…customer churn.
– Brandon shares what he would do differently to grow faster if he could start all over again.
– He shares his favorite growth software/tool.
– Brandon shares and recommends one of his favorite books.